The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
@drmalawi it was a doom knight pack in CS IIRC because he didn’t opt for Nihlathak runs

@ResTTe Indreks was HC though which is worse than any SC run IMO as you just lose everything you’ve done with one mistake. And prior to coming here I played the same way as you mentioned — HC P8 only with no extended stash etc.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I guess "impressive" in relation to 99ing just means dedication to the grind, both playing underpowered while gearing up and then for XP with such limitations as mentioned.

Other than that, what's really "impressive" in D2 anyway. :) To me it's certainly not "skills" in the classical sense because D2 is a game with a low skill ceiling. In my teens I played RTS games competitively, anyone who did that will agree that skills required for "high-level" D2 gameplay are laughable in comparison to esport titles. Nowadays I enjoy D2 much more as it's more compatible with real life and getting older. :) Less stressful, doesn't require training to stay in shape, and you make constant progress even if running rather casually. There's still a technical element with the efficiency meta, trying to get good times etc., though it's also somewhat reduced and basically "good execution" just means "no misclicks". It can be difficult to pull off, but in the end even that isn't really comparable or competitive either, because every situation is individual due to the impact of gear and map differences.

For me I guess D2 success in the end is down to a combination of some gaming fundamentals, knowledge/experience and an experimental nature in trying different builds and setups. At least those factors + dedication + RNG seems to be the recipe for fruitful D2 gaming. ;) I think a good example is the 99er Sorc I made for this thread, who peaked at ~4.4m XP/h for 98-99 while chars before her barely scratched 3m XP/h. That was mostly down to build/gearing approach, whereas execution played a smaller role in comparison.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Even comparing D2 skills and theorycrafting knowledge with other arpgs, d2 is like tic tac toe in comparison...

Another factor of getting good efficiency in d2 is to have short S&E times xD

Last edited:

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@ResTTe You could also ask is a 300 hour 99er even impressive compared to a 1000 hour 99er ;). Imo there are many ways things can be super impressive in d2. Efficiency/skill is one way, dedication/long grind is another. Feats in HC is another, and interesting theorycrafting is another and I'm sure there are many more. You can certainly do impressive things in the game with super low skills or efficiency imo. And yeah I think perkele is by far the most impressive entrant here (though as ffs mentioned klaus might be more impressive for other reasons). One of my favorite spf threads in general.

@ffs can't good execution always be boiled down to "no misclicks" in every game? :p
@drmalawi I can believe that other games are much more complex, but I would guess they don't often get analyzed as deeply as we do in d2. Imo it's tough to call d2's theorycrafting simple by any metric when we're making simulators for optimization 20 years after release.

Anyways I guess my point with those last two is that I do feel the skill ceiling and theorycrafting in d2 are remarkable even compared to other games. And they are 2 among many ways to do cool or impressive stuff in d2. Obvious caveat being that I don't play many, if any, of those other games :p. But if the skill was easy, we'd have a lot more impressive HoR entries than we do, and if the theorycrafting was easy I wouldn't have a library of like 100 bookmarks from this forum and we wouldn't be posting new stuff all the time.

Man I love d2.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
D2 is Still like tic tac toe. Path of Exile is like Go. Poe is such complex game with so many variables that it is pretty much impossible to get a theoretical overview.

So any kind of d2 skill bragging is still like bragging about tic tac toe skills :p

The audience for d2 is also small. Also the single player aspect of d2 is pretty new. When d2 peaked it was basically all about dueling on bnet

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
If you played competitive PvP for d2, it had a pretty high skill ceiling (particularly 2v2) but trying to enforce rules for defensive play or life rep is extremely bothersome so without some in game limitation that holds it back quite a bit (particularly in 1v1). Still requires the same collection of skills to succeed— reaction speed, real time decision making, individual build knowledge, ability to recognize tendencies

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@drmalawi im not willing to accept that. I can buy d2/poe = tictac/go. But the huge difference is you can't quickly get to a point at which you can't improve in d2. There are not new discoveries in tic tac toe, nor are there a couple of people who dominate tic tac toe efficiency in the pits :p. So even if the skill ceiling or theory ceiling or whatever is lower in d2, it still takes a lot of work/skill/time to approach that ceiling and few get close.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Most ppl are not even trying to git gud in d2 so for reasons being mentioned. The player base of d2sp is Kinda pathetic in Numbers.

For me, d2 is grim Dawn retirement ^^

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol @drmalawi and i had some further, likely pointless, debate on "is d2 hard" on discord. Probably have derailed way too much for this thread. But anyways, he made me reduce my statment of d2's difficulty (as related to efficiency) to this:

Expect to put in several hundred hours trying to improve if you want to achieve runs within ~25% as efficient as the Hall of Records record holders or other really good runners on the forum.

Kinda ridiculous, but I do say this in earnest, because "skillz" when comparing to RTS gameplayers and such apparently means different things than to someone like me. When I saw people talking about d2 being easy or simple, I expected after getting good gear and a couple of thousand runs under my belt, that I would be doing decently efficient runs. Here I am with ~800ish hours into the game and am not that close to doing so, but hope to make strides in that direction this year. Granted I haven't been grinding specific runs for efficiency that whole time, but I still think it's a lot of playing. And so to me, who has never been a competitive gamer in the past, this does not meet my definition of easy or "not requiring much skill". In reference to this actual thread, I tried pretty hard to improve my runtimes from 97-98 with my sorc and even after 80ish hours of doing the runs, I topped out around 4.7m exp/hr with most of the other sorcs in this thread reporting more in the mid 5's or even around 6m.

And sometimes I like to read back through old posts during lunch breaks and such (mainly thinking of super old posts in the d2 lounge), and its comforting to see that even gripphon took a couple of years to start becoming the efficiency monster he is today.

So yeah I'm in awe of some or your alls' skillz even if you think it's easy :p

Disposition

Diabloii.Net Member
@ Everyone. :D XD

You're all correct I have start many projects in the last year here. Have ran in to quite a few bumps. I have my fantastic 7, of which I made 7 characters, 1 of each class and that was going well. I formatted my computer, forgot to back them up and lost all of that.

I've created several other characters, some have lived, some have died. Just trying to find my place in what I like/want.

I then created a few different characters and was progressing just fine, upgraded my PC from windows 7 -> 10 and my game files some how corrupted.

So at the moment all I have is a Trapsin in hell and a new zerker barb that I just started. I know 99 is a long project so I was polling here to see if I should continue with my assassin or switch to a javazon. I enjoy both classes almost equally. They both require a lot of farming. So I was just asking to see what everyone else thought is all. :) I'm basically bare bones, lost everything so what more could I do? :)

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
@Disposition doing baal runs with zon is also pretty safe considering that her killing power is kinda immense. However, it is pretty easy to get rekt by a doll in the throne room even on players 1 even if you pay attention ^^

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
For me I guess D2 success in the end is down to a combination of some gaming fundamentals, knowledge/experience and an experimental nature in trying different builds and setups.
Don't forget having fun, the most important metric of d2 success in my book :) If fun isn't had, success for any long term goals is unlikely. That's what I've enjoyed about this challenge: different members have different motivations for their attempts, and with variability in drops it makes for interesting follows even if there are only so many options for the more efficient approaches in each class.

@Disposition my untwinked zon was pretty safe once she transitioned to Baals, but a trapper is much safer and therefore more forgiving in HC: higher life pool, CoS, good FHR breakpoints. Either one makes for a fun playthrough and good potential for 99er, zon likely faster and sin likely safer (all contingent on gear drops, of course).

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Quiet in this thread with the OBP tourney going on. My Barb, Death, hit 95.5. No major drops, but the gambles and crafts were spectacular, and I have another 5 years added to my "no complaining" probationary period :D

As mentioned, Death got some Baal in as breaks while Quinta made the final push to 99 in November and December. During that time, he gambled this amulet:
Baal (Gambled Ammy).jpg
It will be quite handy for Nihl! Then, as he approached 95.25, he crafted this amulet, which fit his needs beautifully (I thought I had taken a screenie from when it was gambled, but couldn't find it, so I just took one):
Baal (Crafted 2 skill ML ammy).jpg
The FCR means he hits 105 FCR breakpoint on switch with double Wizzy, and the mana leech and MF are great modifiers to have. I ended up using an AR/ML ring with lightning resist and SoE for life leech, and he had nearly 200 MF for the Baal runs.

There were multiple trolls with Goreriders (3x Green and several rare). He also has some AR issues (69% cth with Baal), so metalgrid would be handy, and Highlord's might prompt a switch to FCR/ML ring despite sweet craft. He was averaging around 4 minutes per run, until another pair of Goblin Toe dropped around 95.4, upping crushing blow to 60%, and shaving ~20s off each run, largely from Lister and Baal.

He bails if Lister has Might or Fanaticism, and if a mana burn roll gets him stuck in dangerous situation (usually amp is involved), but otherwise he's doing full Baal runs with p1 Achmel. It should average out to 275 runs for the level, so ~138 left for the level. The only other drop of note was a Pul. He is still a Vex or Ohm short of Fortitude for Merc, and also has runes for Delirium except for a Lem. He has had two close calls with S&E due to <1000 HP from nasty Lister rolls, so definitely something to be alert to. Dolls and Gloams are annoying at times in the Throne Room, but haven't really been dangerous, so hopefully that continues. Having nearly maxed LR on Grief switch certainly helps with Gloams!

The limitation of no extended stash continues to be an interesting wrinkle, as he stashed the 50MF WTs, and now has only 3-5 1x1 spots open depending on how many flawless amethysts he has. Making the fortitude would help considerably, both from stash management and to finally drop the Duriels on the merc.

Keep up the good progress, everyone, especially @Luhkoh on the final level. I'm looking forward to renewed activity here once the OBP tourney wraps.

Hall of Fame
Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-04-29  Yes     -    447       -      -
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   99     3.52  2018-08-08  Yes     -    481       -      -
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-08-26  Yes     -      -      10   <300
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-10-21  Yes  lots    483      13    350+
Bewitch          itssoftcore      SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-11-07  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   99     3.52  2018-11-12  Yes     -    401      13      -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  99     3.52  2018-12-26  Yes     -    463       -      -
Bewitch          Mayhem           SC     Barb   99     3.52  2019-07-07  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  99     3.52  2019-07-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  99     3.52  2019-10-07  Yes     -    433      NA      -
ResTTe           ResTTe           SC     Barb   99     3.52  2019-12-14  Yes     -    465    many   ~320
ffs              Lucid            SC     Pala   99     3.52  2019-12-23  Yes     -    457       -   <250
PhineasB         Quinta           SC     Ama    99     3.52  2019-12-27  Yes     -    413       4      -
Questing Heroes
Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
Luhkoh           Arkana           SC     Sorc   98.48  3.37  2020-02-03  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    98     3.22  2019-11-11  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bewitch          Necronomicon     SC     Necro  97     3.07  2019-07-09  Yes     -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Trina            SC     Ama    97     3.05  2019-12-18  Yes     -    443      17      -
drmalawi         TheCanMan        SC     Pala   96     2.76  2020-01-19  Yes     -      -     Yes      -
PhineasB         Death            SC     Barb   95.5   2.60  2020-02-08  No      -      -       2      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Barb   95     2.50  2020-01-22  Yes     -      -      NA      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   95     2.49  2019-06-15  Yes     -    384      25      -
D30D0R3          Fragile          HC     Sorc   94     2.46  2020-01-18  No      -      -       -     109
Bewitch          Mindcrime        HC     Pala   94     2.28  2019-11-19  Yes     -      -       -      -
Trapin'          ceegee           SC     Pala   93     2.17  2020-01-01  No      -      -       -      -
sanguillen       GordonChen-UT    HC     Necro  93     2.14  2019-02-27  Yes     -      -      NA      -
T72on1           TooMuchEnergy    SC     Sorc   93     2.10  2019-07-19  Yes   267    181      12     47.5
LongingForDeath  VelvetSky        SC     Sorc   93     2.10  2019-12-19  Yes     -    396      12      -
art_vandelay     tragic_misstep   SC     Sorc   93     2.09  2019-08-12  Yes     -      -       -      -
Smittyphi        TheLongRun       SC     Sorc   93     2.09  2019-11-06  Yes    30      -     Yes      -
Arctodus         Lubotor          SC     Barb   92     1.98  2019-10-30  Yes     -      -      15      -
jjscud           Ragnarok         SC     Pala   92     1.97  2019-12-28   No     -      -      36     lots
PhineasB         Septimus         SC     Druid  90     1.62  2019-11-15  Yes     -      -       0      -
Zarfen           Stamina          SC     Sorc   90      ??   2019-12-08  Yes     -      -     Yes      -
Kinkara          Bobo             SC     Barb   90     **    2020-01-11  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gynli            Assassin         SC     Assa   89     1.50  2019-11-11  Yes     -      -       -      -
art_vandelay     snow_dog         SC     Nec    89     1.48  2019-07-19  Yes     -      -       -      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Chore            SC     Sin    **     ?.??  2020-01-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
Jocular          BareBear_Where   HC     Druid  **     1.47  2019-05-20  ???     -      -      NA      -
klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   86     1.14  2019-05-26  Yes     -     37       1     15+
kstuart          Nena             SC     Sorc   85     1.11  2020-01-01  Yes     -      -       -      -
nMEKn            Summon           SC     Nec    85     1.07  2019-05-17  Yes     -      -       4      -
Vildecor         Ivar             SC     Pala   84     1.02  2019-09-02  Yes     -    307       3      -
art_vandelay     predatory_wasp   SC     Sin    81     0.76  2019-05-25  Yes     -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        NoDeathNoGlory   SC     Sorc   77     0.00  2019-12-12  Yes     -      -       -      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Knope            SC     Sorc   76     0.00  2020-01-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pax1990          Anger            SC     Barb   78     0.00  2019-12-03   -      -      -       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Ilucuthen        SC     Sin    13     0.??  2019-09-14  No      -      -       -      -
dkn              Morgoth          SC     Barb   01     0.00  2019-10-04  Yes     -      -       0      0
FireNice         Isern            SC     Zon    12     0     2019-12-04  Yes     0      -       -      -
Resting Heroes
Rich (BB code):
Buckcrazy        Zic              HC     Sorc   98.5   3.38  2019-07-22  Yes     -      -      NA   lots
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   97     2.96  2018-07-23  Yes     -    470       -      -
Ashenshugar      Natur            SC     Druid  97     2.96  2018-11-20  Yes  2529      -       -      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    96     2.72  2019-02-03  Yes  Lots      -       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
teddeeboy        Atheyanore       SC     Sorc   95     2.52  2019-02-03  Yes  300+      -       8   many
CrustyRusty      Space_Oddity     SC     Ama    95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Quinneczech      Blackwell        HC     Barb   95     2.49  2019-04-01  -       -      -      NA      -
Hutton           Terrahork        HC     Barb   95     0.00  2019-04-24  Yes     -      -      NA      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   93     2.12  2018-09-08  No      -      -       -      -
Potent           Challenge(CL)    SC     Sorc   92     1.96  2018-07-30  no      -      -       -      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   91     1.89  2019-02-04  Yes     -    223       -      -
Tatterson        Titaani          SC     Barb   91     1.84  2018-11-27  Yes     -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  91     1.79  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   91     1.76  2018-02-20  Yes     -      -       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
sir_cyclops      devi             SC     Sin    91     ?.??  2019-02-27  Yes     -      -       -      -
Neksja           Aurora           SC     Sorc   90     1.70  2018-09-08  Yes     -    215       -      -
AlexTheNextOne   Orion            SC     Pala   90     1.62  2018-07-22  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
MizzouFTW        Mariah           SC     Sin    **     1.36  2019-01-28  Yes     -     -        -      -
BasicBhoy        Belgarath        HC     Druid  **     1.36  2019-01-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
T72on1           Grapelike        SC     Barb   87     1.25  2019-01-24  Yes    98     82      13     37
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
Burgomaster3     Hastur           SC     Druid  86     1.14  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
sanguillen       DirkStruan-UT    HC     Pala   85     1.10  2018-12-19  Yes     -      -      NA      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bobbo            Barbamel         HC     Barb   84     1.01  2019-01-11  Yes     -      -      NA      -
nepeta           finistere        SC     Sin    84     1.14  2019-01-04  ?       -      -       1      4
DaveW            Long_Term        SC     Sorc   84     0.97  2018-05-02  Yes Heaps      -    Lots     30+
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Kitteh           Gwynt            HC     Druid  83           2018-10-28  Yes     -      -      NA      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-03-26  No      -      -      NA      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   79     0.63  2018-06-28  Yes   177    111       0      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    70     0.30  2018-03-27  Yes    15      -       6      -
Irenicus_Mfs     Morgana          HC     Sorc   69     0.26  2018-12-09  Yes     -      -      NA     14+
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
Burton Roberts   Arizona          SC     Ama    56     0.08  2018-06-12  No      -      -      15     38
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
RIP              Sucell           HC     Druid  47     0.03  2018-12-08  Yes     -     20       -      -
Pijus            AGoodBoy         HC     Druid  45     0.00  2018-05-29  Yes     -      -      NA      -
Grape            Coke             SC     Barb   42     0.00  2018-12-06   ?     14     14       0      -
Izzak            Bones            SC     Necro  42     0.**  2019-01-10   -      -      -       1      -
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
RIP              Espada           HC     Necro  24     0.00  2018-06-01  Yes     -     13       -      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
DaveHutt         Alice            SC     Ama    13     0.00  2018-05-18  Yes     -      -       1      -
MizzouFTW        Hocus            HC     Sorc   01     0.00  2018-10-28  Yes     -      -      NA      -
The Fallen
Rich (BB code):
1have2much3time  Vagabond         HC     Necro  95     2.66  2019-06-22  Yes     -      -       1      -
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    95     2.55  2018-09-06  Yes     -    399       -      -
T72on1           ShouldBeEasy     HC     Pala   95     2.52  2019-01-04  Yes  lots    320      NA    103
Babyhell         IpBanPrevales    SC     Sin    95.5   2.60  2019-09-22  Yes     -      -       9      -
Babyhell         BabyNinetyNiner  SC     Pala   91     ?.??  2019-08-02  Yes     -      -       3      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    91     1.62  2018-06-02  No     98     77       3      -
Shuffleblast     Translocator     HC     Sorc   89     1.48  2019-11-23  Yes     -      -       1      -
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  **     1.??  2018-06-02  No    128    101      22      -
Kitteh           Gwynt            HC     Druid  87     XXXX  2018-11-07  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bewitch          itsreal          HC     Sorc   87     1.xx  2018-04-24  No      -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
Vildecor         Celia            HC     Ama    84     0.99  2018-05-30  Yes   125     97       1      -
Lord Molybdenum  Essa             SC     Sorc   84     0.??  2018-06-02  No     20     19       5      -
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
RIP              Attila           HC     Barb   78     0.59  2018-09-26  Yes     -     73      no      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
Shuffleblast     Translocator     HC     Sorc   67     0.00  2019-11-03  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
Pijus            Pyrestarter      HC     Druid  36     0.00  2018-05-21  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
@PhineasB What an amulet! I mean the pitzerker amulet mainly but that life everlasting one too! I never really have done much with magic amulets so am not sure how rare getting one before 98 is, but i would want loads of idr from amulet and helm slots for barb, so ban on complaining indeed :p. Great progress on the barb. I've been getting some decent time in on Arkana despite working some overtime for a project due and traveling to a juggling festival this weekend. Lol been getting some runs in from the hotel room. A few nice finds too. I'll update monday!

Kinkara

Diabloii.Net Member
So... Bobo has just reached lvl 97. Feeling alright/not too tired :)

2020-02-09_142612.png

He's growing strong and healthy. I feel there's not much to say here since all I did was run Baal a bunch of times (with the occasional trav run here and there.).
After lvling from 89 to 90 in trav I rerolled WSK maps untill I was satisfied. Map here.
Lvls 90-96 were fast paced. It took me a little while to learn when it was necessary to NOT engage with wave 5, but deaths derived from those mistakes weren't that costly. I died only once on each of those 6 lvls. Lvl 96-97 took a bit longer, as it'd be expected. I got close to 50% and then my computer started having some issues that prevented me from playing for more or less a week, but that was a proper rest for me and after that I was ready for that last 50% to finally reach this stage. I didn't die once during this lvl, so it seems that learning took place at last.
Trav runs were done all over the place. Whenever I felt like it. Here are the finds.
Luckily that was not all. I had some pretty nice finds on the way both from Baal himself and from his waves. Again, here are the finds.

I included almost everything in those albums linked above except this beauty. My favourite find from these 7 lvls:

2020-01-23_035126.png

2020-01-23_035200.png

So that's it for now. I may take a little break and then start my journey to 98.

Gratz to @PhineasB 's Death. His name is so cool. Almost too cool. Bobo is jealous XD. I've been using Gores, but if Goblins meant such a time save for you, I'll try them for the 97-98 grind and see how it goes for me.
And looking forward to your update tomorrow @Luhkoh

Cheers everyone!!!

DISCLAIMER: pics in the albums linked above may not be in chronological order.

Hall of Fame
Rich (BB code):
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-04-29  Yes     -    447       -      -
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   99     3.52  2018-08-08  Yes     -    481       -      -
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-08-26  Yes     -      -      10   <300
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-10-21  Yes  lots    483      13    350+
Bewitch          itssoftcore      SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-11-07  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   99     3.52  2018-11-12  Yes     -    401      13      -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  99     3.52  2018-12-26  Yes     -    463       -      -
Bewitch          Mayhem           SC     Barb   99     3.52  2019-07-07  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  99     3.52  2019-07-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  99     3.52  2019-10-07  Yes     -    433      NA      -
ResTTe           ResTTe           SC     Barb   99     3.52  2019-12-14  Yes     -    465    many   ~320
ffs              Lucid            SC     Pala   99     3.52  2019-12-23  Yes     -    457       -   <250
PhineasB         Quinta           SC     Ama    99     3.52  2019-12-27  Yes     -    413       4      -
Questing Heroes
Rich (BB code):
Luhkoh           Arkana           SC     Sorc   98.48  3.37  2020-02-03  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    98     3.22  2019-11-11  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bewitch          Necronomicon     SC     Necro  97     3.07  2019-07-09  Yes     -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Trina            SC     Ama    97     3.05  2019-12-18  Yes     -    443      17      -
Kinkara          Bobo             SC     Barb   97     2.96  2020-02-09  Yes     -      -       -      -
drmalawi         TheCanMan        SC     Pala   96     2.76  2020-01-19  Yes     -      -     Yes      -
PhineasB         Death            SC     Barb   95.5   2.60  2020-02-08  No      -      -       2      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Barb   95     2.50  2020-01-22  Yes     -      -      NA      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   95     2.49  2019-06-15  Yes     -    384      25      -
D30D0R3          Fragile          HC     Sorc   94     2.46  2020-01-18  No      -      -       -     109
Bewitch          Mindcrime        HC     Pala   94     2.28  2019-11-19  Yes     -      -       -      -
Trapin'          ceegee           SC     Pala   93     2.17  2020-01-01  No      -      -       -      -
sanguillen       GordonChen-UT    HC     Necro  93     2.14  2019-02-27  Yes     -      -      NA      -
T72on1           TooMuchEnergy    SC     Sorc   93     2.10  2019-07-19  Yes   267    181      12     47.5
LongingForDeath  VelvetSky        SC     Sorc   93     2.10  2019-12-19  Yes     -    396      12      -
art_vandelay     tragic_misstep   SC     Sorc   93     2.09  2019-08-12  Yes     -      -       -      -
Smittyphi        TheLongRun       SC     Sorc   93     2.09  2019-11-06  Yes    30      -     Yes      -
Arctodus         Lubotor          SC     Barb   92     1.98  2019-10-30  Yes     -      -      15      -
jjscud           Ragnarok         SC     Pala   92     1.97  2019-12-28   No     -      -      36     lots
PhineasB         Septimus         SC     Druid  90     1.62  2019-11-15  Yes     -      -       0      -
Zarfen           Stamina          SC     Sorc   90      ??   2019-12-08  Yes     -      -     Yes      -
Gynli            Assassin         SC     Assa   89     1.50  2019-11-11  Yes     -      -       -      -
art_vandelay     snow_dog         SC     Nec    89     1.48  2019-07-19  Yes     -      -       -      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Chore            SC     Sin    **     ?.??  2020-01-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
Jocular          BareBear_Where   HC     Druid  **     1.47  2019-05-20  ???     -      -      NA      -
klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   86     1.14  2019-05-26  Yes     -     37       1     15+
kstuart          Nena             SC     Sorc   85     1.11  2020-01-01  Yes     -      -       -      -
nMEKn            Summon           SC     Nec    85     1.07  2019-05-17  Yes     -      -       4      -
Vildecor         Ivar             SC     Pala   84     1.02  2019-09-02  Yes     -    307       3      -
art_vandelay     predatory_wasp   SC     Sin    81     0.76  2019-05-25  Yes     -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        NoDeathNoGlory   SC     Sorc   77     0.00  2019-12-12  Yes     -      -       -      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Knope            SC     Sorc   76     0.00  2020-01-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pax1990          Anger            SC     Barb   78     0.00  2019-12-03   -      -      -       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Ilucuthen        SC     Sin    13     0.??  2019-09-14  No      -      -       -      -
dkn              Morgoth          SC     Barb   01     0.00  2019-10-04  Yes     -      -       0      0
FireNice         Isern            SC     Zon    12     0     2019-12-04  Yes     0      -       -      -
Resting Heroes
Rich (BB code):
Buckcrazy        Zic              HC     Sorc   98.5   3.38  2019-07-22  Yes     -      -      NA   lots
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   97     2.96  2018-07-23  Yes     -    470       -      -
Ashenshugar      Natur            SC     Druid  97     2.96  2018-11-20  Yes  2529      -       -      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    96     2.72  2019-02-03  Yes  Lots      -       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
teddeeboy        Atheyanore       SC     Sorc   95     2.52  2019-02-03  Yes  300+      -       8   many
CrustyRusty      Space_Oddity     SC     Ama    95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Quinneczech      Blackwell        HC     Barb   95     2.49  2019-04-01  -       -      -      NA      -
Hutton           Terrahork        HC     Barb   95     0.00  2019-04-24  Yes     -      -      NA      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   93     2.12  2018-09-08  No      -      -       -      -
Potent           Challenge(CL)    SC     Sorc   92     1.96  2018-07-30  no      -      -       -      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   91     1.89  2019-02-04  Yes     -    223       -      -
Tatterson        Titaani          SC     Barb   91     1.84  2018-11-27  Yes     -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  91     1.79  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   91     1.76  2018-02-20  Yes     -      -       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
sir_cyclops      devi             SC     Sin    91     ?.??  2019-02-27  Yes     -      -       -      -
Neksja           Aurora           SC     Sorc   90     1.70  2018-09-08  Yes     -    215       -      -
AlexTheNextOne   Orion            SC     Pala   90     1.62  2018-07-22  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
MizzouFTW        Mariah           SC     Sin    **     1.36  2019-01-28  Yes     -     -        -      -
BasicBhoy        Belgarath        HC     Druid  **     1.36  2019-01-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
T72on1           Grapelike        SC     Barb   87     1.25  2019-01-24  Yes    98     82      13     37
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
Burgomaster3     Hastur           SC     Druid  86     1.14  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
sanguillen       DirkStruan-UT    HC     Pala   85     1.10  2018-12-19  Yes     -      -      NA      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bobbo            Barbamel         HC     Barb   84     1.01  2019-01-11  Yes     -      -      NA      -
nepeta           finistere        SC     Sin    84     1.14  2019-01-04  ?       -      -       1      4
DaveW            Long_Term        SC     Sorc   84     0.97  2018-05-02  Yes Heaps      -    Lots     30+
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Kitteh           Gwynt            HC     Druid  83           2018-10-28  Yes     -      -      NA      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-03-26  No      -      -      NA      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   79     0.63  2018-06-28  Yes   177    111       0      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    70     0.30  2018-03-27  Yes    15      -       6      -
Irenicus_Mfs     Morgana          HC     Sorc   69     0.26  2018-12-09  Yes     -      -      NA     14+
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
Burton Roberts   Arizona          SC     Ama    56     0.08  2018-06-12  No      -      -      15     38
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
RIP              Sucell           HC     Druid  47     0.03  2018-12-08  Yes     -     20       -      -
Pijus            AGoodBoy         HC     Druid  45     0.00  2018-05-29  Yes     -      -      NA      -
Grape            Coke             SC     Barb   42     0.00  2018-12-06   ?     14     14       0      -
Izzak            Bones            SC     Necro  42     0.**  2019-01-10   -      -      -       1      -
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
RIP              Espada           HC     Necro  24     0.00  2018-06-01  Yes     -     13       -      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
DaveHutt         Alice            SC     Ama    13     0.00  2018-05-18  Yes     -      -       1      -
MizzouFTW        Hocus            HC     Sorc   01     0.00  2018-10-28  Yes     -      -      NA      -
The Fallen
Rich (BB code):
1have2much3time  Vagabond         HC     Necro  95     2.66  2019-06-22  Yes     -      -       1      -
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    95     2.55  2018-09-06  Yes     -    399       -      -
T72on1           ShouldBeEasy     HC     Pala   95     2.52  2019-01-04  Yes  lots    320      NA    103
Babyhell         IpBanPrevales    SC     Sin    95.5   2.60  2019-09-22  Yes     -      -       9      -
Babyhell         BabyNinetyNiner  SC     Pala   91     ?.??  2019-08-02  Yes     -      -       3      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    91     1.62  2018-06-02  No     98     77       3      -
Shuffleblast     Translocator     HC     Sorc   89     1.48  2019-11-23  Yes     -      -       1      -
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  **     1.??  2018-06-02  No    128    101      22      -
Kitteh           Gwynt            HC     Druid  87     XXXX  2018-11-07  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bewitch          itsreal          HC     Sorc   87     1.xx  2018-04-24  No      -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
Vildecor         Celia            HC     Ama    84     0.99  2018-05-30  Yes   125     97       1      -
Lord Molybdenum  Essa             SC     Sorc   84     0.??  2018-06-02  No     20     19       5      -
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
RIP              Attila           HC     Barb   78     0.59  2018-09-26  Yes     -     73      no      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
Shuffleblast     Translocator     HC     Sorc   67     0.00  2019-11-03  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
Pijus            Pyrestarter      HC     Druid  36     0.00  2018-05-21  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
I think @PhineasB meant he'd like to include Gores rather than Goblin Toe. :) Though both are strong. I've been both theorycrafting and in-game experimenting with WW Barb the last 1-2 weeks, and judging by the numbers Goblin Toe has the advantage of being slightly better vs. Baal. But Gores are stronger against everything else, including wave minions and bosses. Gore's advantage vs those is small either, but there are many instances where it applies as opposed to just the Baal fight, so in the end they should be a little faster even when including Baal.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Current lvl: 98.58
Approx. time to finish: 23.2 hours
Recent finds: steel carapace, ber rune!, war travs 37 :(, dragonscale (grailer), 4/-5 light facet, maras 25, telling of beads, azurewrath! (but not a grailer), pul, gut siphon, 2 jalals, horizons tornado :(

Nihlathak's been dropping pretty nice for me lately.

@Kinkara those are some nice Baal drops! Very nice progress

Hall of Fame
Rich (BB code):
Questing Heroes
Rich (BB code):
Luhkoh           Arkana           SC     Sorc   98.58  3.40  2020-02-10  Yes     -      -       -      -
Kinkara          Bobo             SC     Barb   97     2.96  2020-02-09  Yes     -      -       -      -
Resting Heroes
Rich (BB code):
The Fallen
Rich (BB code):

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
Counting in hours...holy sh..you're close! Go go Arkana!

Waiting after the 99eress thread, it may be inspirational for me. As a slow side project ;)

Last edited:

Bewitch

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey guys, i played PoD for the last 3 weeks and it was pretty much fun. no that is done and i think im gonna try some wolcen. just doin an update of the current state of my pala until i dont know when^^

I really recomment that mod if u want somethin else for a couple of weeks, therefore its a pretty nice change imo.

Drops since last update:
tal armor, reapers, zaka, reapers, natures peace, ik armor, shadowdancers, mal, gaze, Ohm, thundergods, aldurboots 50res, rbf cold 3/3, Titans, + 2 seraphs, kiras 70 allres, eschuta +3 18% light, GC barb combat sk, GC bow sk, Gul, highlords, kiras 70, goreriders, Rbf cold 4/4, WC sk 29 life, mal, Gul, arach, bk4 (staying on dwarfstar), highlords, ist, deaths fathom, dungo 40/13, eth spirit keeper, GC passiv ama skiller 39 life, marrowwalk +2 19 str, arach, GC shapeshift sk, reapers, eth ginthers, zaka , titans

Droppics:
Items pics

Dropvideos + PoD lvl up:
Videos
lvl up PoD HC -
ohm - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/537872908?filter=highlights&sort=time
bk4 -https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddySteamyKeyboardChocolateRain
DF -https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailMoldyPandaRlyTho

Have fun guys and see you soon ^^

Hall of Fame
Rich (BB code):
Questing Heroes
Rich (BB code):
Luhkoh           Arkana           SC     Sorc   98.58  3.40  2020-02-10  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bewitch          Mindcrime        HC     Pala   95     2.68  2019-11-19  Yes     -      -       -      -
Resting Heroes
Rich (BB code):
The Fallen
Rich (BB code):
[/QUOTE]